Consumers of marriage and family therapy services offered by marriage and family therapists licensed by the State of Minnesota have the right:
- to expect that a therapist has met the minimal qualifications of training and experience required by state law;
- to examine public records maintained by the Board of Marriage and Family Therapy which contain the credentials of a therapist;
- to obtain a copy of the code of ethics from the Board of Marriage and Family Therapy, 2829 University Avenue SE, Suite 400, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55414-3222;
- to report complaints to the Board of Marriage and Family Therapy by calling 612-617-2220;
- to be informed of the cost of professional service before receiving services;
- to privacy as defined by rule and law;
- to be free from being the subject of discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, or other unlawful category while receiving services;
- to have access to their records as provided in Minnesota Statutes, section 144.335, subdivision 2;
- to be free from exploitation for the benefit or advantage of a therapist.
You may request a separate copy of the MN Bill of Rights for your own records. A copy is posted in my office and is available on the Hope in Healing Counseling and Wellness, LLC’s website.